The 16th Honourable Man.

" There will come a day when I will wipe away the tears my children will have wept and seek their forgiveness for not trying enough when I had the chance.  There will be no blood to shed and there will be no will to explain. The day,when there will be no notes to carry the sound of hope to resound with the imposing symphony of despair.
A day will come when you will hold the despair with all your weakening strength, just in order to feel.
There is a tomorrow, but there is a today first. My voice, never loud because I speak of myself only to myself. The fear of being misunderstood is higher than the fear of being heard.
But what will I say when tomorrow, I have no present to give? I was never here, because I never spoke. My elegy will not be one to be remembered because I failed to live my duty to my own life.
My tears, so wasted as I'm mourned by none, only because I was afraid to speak for the fear of being ridiculed. My wasted fears and my wasted tears will be memories only I can remember.
Tell me,my fellow men,is there joy in living in the tomorrow where you won't be remembered? Is there no voice within your spirit which beats to the drum of humanity? Tell me, my compatriots, tell me if I am not voicing my thoughts that are so clearly yours!
Leave your fears in the grave of your thoughts and bury it deep. If you won't say it today, your children will be silenced tomorrow.  Speak, because you were born with the freedom to salvage your destiny. Speak with me, speak for me. Speak fearlessly because it is your voice that comes from within you.
The power, my fellow men, is yours to keep and yours to give.
Speak, because you have a voice that is directed by the mind.
And speak, because your heart needs you to."

Comments

Popular Posts