The 1st (Epic) NLUO Lit Fest 2014!

(Okay, I've been putting this off for way too long. But in my defense, I blame it on an extremely engaging number of events that have been going around in my University. Yes, MINE.)

I'm writing this on the last day of what seems like a triathlon, because I know for a fact that Krotova has pulled out all stops in making this event what it has turned out to be- a mega grand event with a personality of its own.
And boy-o-boy, what a job done!

In what has been in progress ever since Krotova (our wonderful Lit and Deb Committee as we know it) got named, I think every member has been planning and saving and tirelessly engaging in getting this event to fall into place. These guys are friends, friends of friends and more-than-acquaintances (they might all mean the same to you, and this case, yes they do) and it's so much fun to have people you know making ends  meet, bring class to an event when they were against all odds- you wouldn't believe it, but they were- and achieve something purely magical and novel in the process.

We love you. Thank you. I hope you all have kids who are just like you!
(No, really.)
I don't know whose hand that is, but it's pointing in the right direction.
Now, how did this begin? Well it all began with one Committee's brilliant idea- that is cleared. But what really got my mood going were the bunch of authors who turned up- I began salivating at the thought of getting to meet the likes of Mr. Pushpesh Pant, Mr. Chandrahas Choudhury, Ms. Arshia Sattar (I literally did have stars in  my eyes) who, I heard, were just few of a bigger set of awesomeness.
I knew when Rajshree told me Mr. Altaf Tyrewala was coming in too, I was done and gone.
Again, no idea who the kid next to Mr. Choudhury is. Photo says "He gonna be a writer."
(Am I the only one who's hearing a Clint Eastwood accent on this one?)
A fest. Theme of which is literary. Run by a law school. A University.
The first ever of its kind.. yeah, that's only the beginning of it.

So, I'll tell you something of its importance and necessity. Now.


Do you know how important it is for a book-lover to read? To enjoy while inhaling the smell of books and wonder why perfumes don't hold this scent? To not look for some politeness and adoration when you see a bookseller? To meet a brain that has written words that have possibly rattled your imagination to the wilderness and back to (possibly not) reality? I'm sure you do. I do too. And like you and I both know, it's just difficult to explain.
"We like our coffee strong. A kickass author to go along with that,please!"- EVERY reader's first thought.
#NLUOLitFest- Dreams Fulfilled.



And that's exactly what this 1st NLUO LitFest has been for me. Difficult to understand the inexplicable joy and unending surprise at discovering that you have fellow bibliophiles, That you have voices of opinions on matters which you thought were something that only you thought. That was what this Lit Fest gave you, and I and let's face it, the ton of authors who came by.

There is nothing more invigorating than sitting in a session with a leading feminist like Ms. Vartika Nanda and telling her that sometimes, being a woman is great but most of the times, it just , well, sucks. And when a Pushpesh Pant speaks in a delightful tone with a frankness that is ferociously fresh, it makes you want to rethink how idiotic it is to be mediocre. And when an Arshia Sattar sits there with class and talks about historical events and lets you think that we've probably learnt the wrong things from history, it is a piece of magic to a conceited mind.

Education. This is how you educate yourself (Have I thanked Krotova al...I have. Yet, I will again.)

Yet another unknown han.. let's look past that. If you zoom in, you can see Anton Chekov's "The Kiss"
Isn't that just apt?! ^_^


But, but, but! That was not all that this Fest was about,eh? What with Quizzes and a Book Fair (yes, a book fair! Books not of our library! Yay!) and the amount of competitions that were held, it was one heck of a blast for organizers and participants involved.

All in all, I think I have to rush in for a next session, and I know for a fact that I've fallen short of so many things-harangued volunteers, laughing harangued volunteers, the god-awesome photographs and posters..

Yeah, well- you have them as your memories too, don't you?
I'm counting on it!

p.s.- Pictures galore- Sanskriti Tiwari.
If you got your photos clicked in pretty dresses, you have her to thank.


Comments

Popular Posts